Doing what you say you will do is a character known as integrity.
Having integrity is like having a treasure in life that no one can take away from you. A character that is well built that can make a difference to our community and to your future. It’s a choice and a decision that only you can make. Your decision can be influenced by others, but it’s still up to you to decide whether to stand and live with it or not. Every person’s character is unique, so you can’t compare and make exactly the same pattern on how they live life. Integrity is a character that is needed to be built up and preserved. Keep in mind, your character is who you are and it defines you.
Here’s how to build a character with integrity:
- It takes 21 days to make a habit and practicing integrity more often can result to a character building that would be easy to maintain as time goes by. Building a character with integrity cannot happen in one day but rather it is a continual process, thus practice makes it permanent.
- Decide to pursue integrity. It’s a matter of decision and pursuing it makes a lot of difference. You may not perfect it always, but if you have implanted that in your mind and heart, integrity will just flow out and become part of your system.
- In cases that you fail, don’t dwell on your guilt but rather stand up and move forward. There always are a lot of chances and situations wherein you can do integrity and amend what you’ve done before.
- Always be aware of what you’ve promised on someone. Make sure that you can do it as you said you would. That’s the basic action towards integrity. Never say yes if it’s impossible for you to do it. Do not compromise. Say yes to yes and no to no. That will save you a lot from trouble.
- Never give in to temptations. It’s not easy to maintain integrity. There will be a lot of testing and temptations on your part. What’s important is that you do not give in easily.
A character with integrity could bring you to a higher level of life accompanied with joy and peace. As you mature, be responsible with your actions and mistakes in life. Learn from it and always choose to improve for the better. Remember, that what you decide in the present will have a result and impact on your future.